Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling around door without architrave in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

JohnMar79

Evening

Does anyone know how to tile around a door frame that has had the architrave removed and won't be put back i.e the tiles will run up to the inside edge of the frame close to the door itself? My thoughts were like tiling a window to square the door frame off and then put the trim in but unlike a window the trim has to go in with the return slotted in behind the tiles leading to the problem of getting the adhesive thickness correct so there is no lippage between the tile and the trim.

D

Dougs Third Go

big problem is that people tend to slam doors...I'd prefer an architrave on so at least you can have a buffer between the tiles and door liner.

T

Time's Ran Out

If it's a wet room people often don't want wood!
You've still got the issue of the door casing with expansion of materials so some form of taping will be required.

M

mr white

I agree above, architrave gives a nicer finish. I would extend the door jambs out (pin and glue) and tile up to it, then finish with architrave. Just makes sure your new timber is slightly proud on the internals then sand it back flush, quick job and it gives you plenty of play with all your cuts so might even save some time.

You can purchase PVCU Architrave, Which would be perfect for wet room etc as well.

O

Old Mod

This door has no architrave, it has two L cuts over it. I polished the edges back to a close factory finish and did not stick it to the frame of the pocket door, but put a bead of silicone between back of the tile and frame to give a nicer finish.

IMG_7768.JPG

IMG_7766.JPG

IMG_7767.JPG

Reply to Tiling around door without architrave in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen