Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling a new career move? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

There is a thread on the forum now from a Mapei - training at their academy - well worth a look!

Reaction score
Thank you John, I am glad I have made the right choice and investment in UK pro tiling.
I will have a look at Mapei and their training academy.
Thank you

Reaction score
A load of us from our tiling course have booked onto the Schluter course. Definitely worth a look

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Good luck, I hope your previous job was really really s h I t e, as the building trade is mostly really s h I t e .
I do hope you do well though :)
Not sure on courses , I hear there are some good ones about, a few good tilers on here have done them though

Reaction score
Good luck, I hope your previous job was really really s h I t e, as the building trade is mostly really s h I t e .
I do hope you do well though :)
Not sure on courses , I hear there are some good ones about, a few good tilers on here have done them though

Hi Wilder, I have been a prison officer for 12 years so I am hoping for less fighting and riots in the tiling trade :) I appreciate your honesty though, thank you

Reaction score
Similar to me then. I can retire from the police this year but need a job where I can more or less chose hours to suit - no more night shifts, plus something I can do when we move back to Germany in the next couple of years.

W

Waluigi

I would have a go at helping out a Tiler for a weekend before biting the bullet and a complete career change.

I only do 20 to 50 square metres per month and the thought of having to tile full time fills me with dread.

I do enjoy it but sometimes it’s a bloody awful trade.

Reaction score
I would have a go at helping out a Tiler for a weekend before biting the bullet and a complete career change.

I only do 20 to 50 square metres per month and the thought of having to tile full time fills me with dread.

I do enjoy it but sometimes it’s a bloody awful trade.

I appreciate what you are saying, I have helped out a mate who tiles now and then and the attention to detail I find is fascinating and it is more satisfying then my current job. I am not fully jumping ship just yet, I will do some agency work evenings and weekends to learn the trade more and then start my own business..... hopefully.

Reply to Tiling a new career move? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen