Search the forum,

Discuss Tiles falling off in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Barry bp

Has anyone seen tiles stuck with the correct adhesive come away from plasterboard pulling paper off because they are too heavey i must say i have never seen it. Ive seen plenty of poorly stuck tiles but thats different:yikes:

W

White Room

I have'nt but there was a manufacturer who made plasterboard (they don't make it anymore) and the paper would bubble big time when plastered.

It would snap so easy as well.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
ive never seen it,try sticking a bit of plasterboard on a wall with drywall adhesive,and hang off it when its dry,im 12 stone and it can take my weight.
if you ever have to hack drylineing off as well,ive seen it take chunks out of the thermalite block before it comes away from the plasterboard.
it is really tough,but it only takes one fault in it i suppose

S

Scott

When you look at the weight guidelines ou have to take into account the forces involved. The easiest way to pull the material away from the wall is to pull it straight off. The forces of tiles and other weight bearing materials are pulling down wards at 90 degrees so therefore the forces are different. There are also margins built into the figures given, there has to be. Thats why everyjob has to be taken on its own merit.

Reply to Tiles falling off in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen