Search the forum,

Discuss Tiles cracked base of walk in shower? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

O

Octopus8

Hi, can anyone please offer a reason why the uptiles at the front of 2 ensuite walk in showers (below the shower screen) have cracked along the top corner edge? It's not just the grout that is cracked but the actual tiles themselves have cracked as well. The same thing has happened in 2 of the ensuites. The cracking suggests some movement (maybe shower tray not secured?).

Any help appreciated.

G

GoneGuy

Hi, can anyone please offer a reason why the uptiles at the front of 2 ensuite walk in showers (below the shower screen) have cracked along the top corner edge? It's not just the grout that is cracked but the actual tiles themselves have cracked as well. The same thing has happened in 2 of the ensuites. The cracking suggests some movement (maybe shower tray not secured?).

Any help appreciated.
Can you upload a picture of the problem

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I picture these as the tiles around the tray vertically, a tray on plastic feet and movement in the middle will put stress on the edge of the probably ceramic tile and crack it. Other ensuite exactly the same suggests new build?

O

Octopus8

Thanks for your replies. Image attached.

tiles.jpg

W

Waluigi

Is it a raised level access tiled tray?

I agree- Looks like the tiles have been mitred.

The whole lot has to come up to see what’s moved.

Reply to Tiles cracked base of walk in shower? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen