Currently reading:
TilersForums.co.uk Van Stickers Poll - Please Vote

Search the forum,

Discuss TilersForums.co.uk Van Stickers Poll - Please Vote in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Righteo,

Got confirmation from Facemedia Group and they're getting me some prices on van stickers.

We could do with a bit of a guide as to how many we'd need from the offset so we know how many to run.

I noted that in the original thread that most tilers would be okay paying for them (though this will be at cost or very little profit if any) as this would limit those wearing them so they don't become like checkatrade and every tom dick and harry has one so I said that to them.

They're also getting us prices on doing our logo.

I'm wondering if we need to sell them in 3's (the main stickers that is that just has the web address on them) and if so how many we would actually need.

So please vote on the poll if you're up for paying for them and buying them in 2's or 3's (still to be decided, please reply with your thoughts).

Added: It's looking like the stickers will be A3 sized, so 148 × 210mm (or half the size of A4). We can have them A4 if enough people want them. And we can have window sticker style ones if enough people want those. I could do with knowing what you guys want in general.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
This doesn't help the forum out directly. We're not making anything out of this. But I thought if you buy them not everybody will have them, plus this way Facemedia Group would definitely be interested.

It's something I've been wanting to do for a long long time so I'm hoping to get a good response.

Bans being dished out to those who vote no (joke!). Seriously though, if you do vote no just let us have your reasons and we'll see what we can do in the future.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
stickers are a great idea and i am interested and will buy them but-

how big will they be ?

ball park figure on cost per sticker ? £5 £50

As soon as we know what QTY to run I'll know a price mate. We're talking about 18" long and 2" high with one colour. Though we've spoke about having three colours on larger ones. And also, if there is enough interest, running of the proper tilersforums logo you see on the forum in colour big enough for doors on vans like, but not that big so you don't have room for your own contact info etc.

So still in the thinking stage.

Whatever the cost will be, it will either be AT cost, or at a very small profit for the sake of making sure FaceMedia Group can make time to print them, store them, and post them out on a regular basis.

Facemedia Group don't pay for sponsorship. I just wanted to have a card printer to stop people using rubbish quality vistaprint cards and the likes. So I'm sure they'll do us a very good price.

I'm also hoping loads of you guys click the 3 vote there so that we can run off a few hundred rather than 50 or something which will mean we all get them really cheap. :)

If it works well here we'll do it on the plumbing and sparky forums too, so I'm sure in total we will be getting enough done.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It certainly would. It lets the customers (or potential customers) to get to know you a bit and perhaps gives them a bit of confidence knowing they can browse through your pics in their own time and see what you're all about which I think is one better than showing them some pictures and sort of putting them on the spot a bit perhaps? Dunno. I think they'll look smart on any van though. :D

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Make sure you've all voted too for us lads and ladies. Thanks. :)

Dave, Dan, I'd like to buy some as long as you'll mail them my way. :thumbsup:

Rob, for you sir, and the other few US, Canadian, Aussie or New Zealand members, we will definitely post them out to you as long as you buy them at the same price as the rest of the forum. It's the least we can do for you for you guys spending time on our forum here. :)

D

diamondtiling

Not sure what figures Dan needs but this poll is an over whelming success. Good on every one of us that voted the right way. The public will see the badges and in turn I predict that that this forum will see a massive increase in interest. This could be one of the first vital steps in the new governing tile association. Without public awareness we cant build any kind of minimum work standards.

:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Not sure what figures Dan needs but this poll is an over whelming success. Good on every one of us that voted the right way. The public will see the badges and in turn I predict that that this forum will see a massive increase in interest. This could be one of the first vital steps in the new governing tile association. Without public awareness we cant build any kind of minimum work standards.

:thumbsup:
Yeah, great success so far. :)
Only really due to us being hounded for them for so many years I think mate lol - Our own fault (or mine) really! Should have done them ages ago.

As for the thing thing, I wouldn't say we need to be a governing body or replace TTA. What we need to do mate (and I've replied in the thread) is just deliver to the tile customer therefore the tiler who's with us would benefit. And I think that's the main thing TT is NOT doing right now, being beneficial to the end user which is the start of the 'food chain'. It's probably easier to do than actual governing anything, it just needs to be a new type of tiling business with a real good focus on ethics and marketing that fact. IMO.

Try not to get us hated any more by TTA with the comments regarding stuff that should be their gig not ours. :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
three's are probably best option ,but where would I have space for them on my Clio ( honest it's a van (fibber) ). Brill , I better get my a**** in gear and buy a van:hurray:.
I'm sure when you have room mate you'll want some. Don't worry if now it's the time matey. :) Just remember where they'll be for when you need them. They'll always be there. :)

Reply to TilersForums.co.uk Van Stickers Poll - Please Vote in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.