Search the forum,

Discuss tiled wet room shower tray leaking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bugs183

Sounds like the plumbers fault.
He shoudn't have used spray foam as it compresses, most manufacturers say to use tile adhesive.
I use foam a fair bit myself as it's great for filling gaps and firming things up, but never in a structural situation like this.

P

PHG Dave

As per Rookery i would suggest you pull it up and redo. It's the only way you will be sure it is done properly and is not going to come back to haunt you.
Even the strongest trays still need support all around the outer edge but if it is a Marmox Showerlay type then it needs full support under its entire surface

S

SquareEyes

I've just seen this post and would like to add that whenever I'm about to tile a wet room one of the things I take my time with is making sure that there is no flex whatsoever on the tray or the walls. Just because someone else has prepped it up for me, I wont take the risk to assume that its been prepped properly. On my current job I felt like a right pain, because I made the construction firm that installed and tanked the wet rooms take up the shower tray and the drains and and re-install them correctly - TWICE! As soon as I walked onto the shower area you could feel the floor drop - slightly, but it did.

Definitely check everything before you start putting anything on the walls to make sure its done correctly - once those tiles are on the wall - you'll be asked why you didn't spot the problem!

how's that saying go -..."hindsight is a beautiful thing!"

Reply to tiled wet room shower tray leaking in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen