Search the forum,

Discuss Tile trims in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

C&T

Hi folks do you always use tile trims? I'll soon be tiling a bathroom with white ripple tiles 250 x 200. The area around the shower (over the bath )will be nearly full height but the rest will only be half wall height, one small window and one 90 degree ext wall edge.

J

jay

hi and :welcome: yes t trim is used by most rep tilers tiles dont come with glazed edge any more and beveling tiles is a thing of yesteryear (sadley) recomend chrome round edge or square (aliminium) seems more durable than plastic :8:

D

david campbell

hi and :welcome: yes t trim is used by most rep tilers tiles dont come with glazed edge any more and beveling tiles is a thing of yesteryear (sadley) recomend chrome round edge or square (aliminium) seems more durable than plastic :8:

invest in a good mitre box and hacksaw if using chrome

T

TJ Smiler

If you use the square nedge you don't need to mitre, just butt them up. i always use square edge it's so much easier, unless the customer specs round edge

TJ

:incazzato:horrible little wivers

F

Fekin

Most of my jobs end up having trims, unless their glazed edged and the set out allows for no external cuts etc.

R

rob

invest in a good mitre box and hacksaw if using chrome

Always more professional to mitre the joints together in my opinion. Can't beat the real deal finish! I use a quansol mitre box and get great results, it's so easy to use. Your other otpion is Genesis corners, however I have not used these myself.

J

jay

hi if using chrome or square edge (aluminium ) you should try a drop saw with aluminium blade quick and accurate just wear glasses the pros should try it i recomend it:thumbsup:

R

rob

hi if using chrome or square edge (aluminium ) you should try a drop saw with aluminium blade quick and accurate just wear glasses the pros should try it i recomend it:thumbsup:
been there, done that and almost lost a finger!! Mind you I was nursing a massive hang-over! :8:

Reply to Tile trims in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen