Search the forum,

Discuss Tile to carpet trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Julz77

Morning all

Wonder if any of you know if or where I could get door trim to accommodate a 25mm difference between the tile and carpet?
Massive I know but room already boarded out and after ply+addy+tile its damn near 25mm diff!

Thanks all help always appreciated

Julz

B

Bubblecraft

Topps do Z transition bars in gold & aluminium finish which will take up your 25mm height difference. I'm sure a local tile shop or DIY shop near you will do one
3ura3aju.jpg

Has the area already been tiled or are you doing your homework before you tile as there a plenty tiling floor trims you could use if you've not yet tiled

J

Julz77

Morning Bubblecraft

Thanks for advice!

Just doing my homework just now. Popping to CTD this afternoon, wasn't sure if a standard door trim would work ok. The Z ones look good too. But if I can pick one up at CTD that would be great.

Thanks for the help!

Julz

B

Bubblecraft

Other option would be to fit a wooden threshold bar 25 x 50 & then tile up to it. Would save having a 45 degree angle on a Z bar.

C

charlie1

Another cheeky little option would be use a 14 mm stick down bar the place a 10mm piece of wood onset the carpet!

J

johnryan

think a length of it was around 36 quid, and cut it down to the length you want. you can order them through ctd.

Reply to Tile to carpet trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen