Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Cutter Now Leaving Jagged Edges in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

P

perky416

Hi Guys,
First time tiler here part way through tiling my bathroom. I purchased a Sigma Series 3 Max tile cutter which at first made an amazing cut, it was almost perfect, however after about 20 cuts i am now getting jagged edges on my tiles and chips every so often. Unless a chip occurs the finished edge of the tile is pretty good, its the material that sits behind the finish that isnt clean and protrudes the cut edge by a couple of mm.
The tiles im using are the Kamber 600mm x 300mm, 9mm thick from Topps Tiles, they are porcelain with a polished gloss finish.

Is this normal?
Should I buy a new blade or just crack on with it? Im just concerned that it will affect the separation at the edges.

All help appreciated.

P

perky416

No I didnt realise i had to. What would you recommend? Do you think i should i buy a new wheel and make sure i oil it?
Thanks.

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Glass cutting oil had my wheel for 2 years still good. You can use a grinder to cut off the back of tile that protrudes.

O

One Day

Polished gloss (glaze?) on porcelain?
They'll need a light score - one only.
Some types of these tiles are simply impossible to get a very clean cut on.
Experiment with different pressures and you'll find the best one.

B

Blunt Tool

After you put the tile into cutter check you have the bar at the proper height as it does move slightly thru the day as you use. If it is set up correctly usually find it cuts sublime. I learnt by my mistakes.

Reply to Tile Cutter Now Leaving Jagged Edges in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen