Search the forum,

Discuss three week plumbing courses etc........ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fred

Started a bathroom today where a lad who had done short courses in plastering, plumbing etc had been thrown off the job. The day started with me hacking out a large area of wall where he had plastered and not bothered to even skim flat. I rapid set the hole, then went on to find cement board loose on another wall!!

A GREAT day............not.

L

LM Ceramics

no trade can be learnt within 3 weeks i did a 5 day plastering course last year and still learning

ive also done a 5day plumbing course and completed 2 bathroom installations (plumbing is not as easy as some make out) i needed some help though on piping and fitting a mixer shower aswell as a few bits but i know in time ill get better at them

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I told you it would take longer than 3 weeks Fred.

Would you listen :incazzato::incazzato:

:lol::lol:

S

Smithy153

I quite agree. I've done a 2 week tiling course and I know my standard of work is good but I wouldn't try a complete bathroom. Slowly slowly catchy monkey. Its the age old arguement about time served and training courses but I think it is very much on the individual. I've spent a lot of time reading on here and anywhere else I can gleam information and I do agree you can't beat some experience. As I'm not busy when I'm free I offer my services for free to a family friend who's a plumber. He does some kitchen and bathroom fitting and I learn a hell of a lot from him its well worth doing.

L

LM Ceramics

I quite agree. I've done a 2 week tiling course and I know my standard of work is good but I wouldn't try a complete bathroom. Slowly slowly catchy monkey. Its the age old arguement about time served and training courses but I think it is very much on the individual. I've spent a lot of time reading on here and anywhere else I can gleam information and I do agree you can't beat some experience. As I'm not busy when I'm free I offer my services for free to a family friend who's a plumber. He does some kitchen and bathroom fitting and I learn a hell of a lot from him its well worth doing.

handy skill to learn plumbing as with bathroom fitting plus your tiling your offering the full package i did it takes me a while to fit a bathroom so im not making as much money

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Think it's down to the individual too though. These courses give you a sound basis, but if some guy comes in and plasters but doesn't skim flat, course or no course, then he is obviously a div!

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I did my 5 day basic plumbing course back in Jan when tiling jobs came to a complete halt. Done a few pluming jobs since then, and only today did I take out my first toilet and basin. A bit nerve racking, but confident enough to put things back without leaks. There are short courses and short courses out there. If you are taking a short course in order to change or start your career then you have to go for the longest short course available i.e. where I trained there were 1,2 & 4 week tiling courses. I wanted tiling as a career so I opted for the 4 week course.

D

diamondtiling

Just a thought but do you practise in your spare time? I spent months doing welded joints years ago, its not a problem now but practice makes perfect

:thumbsup:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just a thought but do you practise in your spare time? I spent months doing welded joints years ago, its not a problem now but practice makes perfect

:thumbsup:

Thats wot I tell the wife...........but I still get it wrong..............apparantly :incazzato::incazzato:

Reply to three week plumbing courses etc........ in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen