Search the forum,

Discuss thick slc in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jolly fix

Hi all,went back to a job today as the guy said he wanted to change the plan of the floor height (was to start putting stone down next wk),need to make up 20mm...put down slc over ufh last week.stone from mandarinstone,black flag.any ideas on price, coverage and make?mapei ultra?also the job not far from Bristol..thanks

D

DHTiling

wow.. quite a short fall..

Easiest way would have been marmox type boards but seen as ufh is now installed then it has to be slc... what brand did you use to cover slc..?

J

jolly fix

Hi Dave,just to be clear ufh on warm up insulation boards,the job was on plan,but now the guy has changed his mind about finished floor height,,so i now need to make up 20mm,cost of slc would be good to know on diff makes ie dunlope ,mapei ,webber etc.plus coverage,dont think ill get much coverage per m2 at that thickness.job 30m2

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Ye, i know but what slc have you used over the ufh or has nothing been installed yet.?

J

jolly fix

granfix and warm up was bought by the builder,he had been paid for matts and the doors he hung etc,i dont know where he got it from.no one can get hold of him for the last few weeks.what im asking is what will do the job at the best price as i will supply it,buy online??job by bristol any tile shops round that area anybody know of?granfix is it a better price than dunlope etc???i know it can depend on buying large amounts and reg from certain places ,but just a box standard price to go on..any slc you dont have to add sand to?

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PHG Dave

Hi Dave,just to be clear ufh on warm up insulation boards,the job was on plan,but now the guy has changed his mind about finished floor height,,so i now need to make up 20mm,cost of slc would be good to know on diff makes ie dunlope ,mapei ,webber etc.plus coverage,dont think ill get much coverage per m2 at that thickness.job 30m2

based on the levellers i have tried typical usage is 1.7kg of powder per mm of height per m2, so your 20mm over 30m2 would need 1020kg or 41 x 25kg bags - hope you have a good mixer:thumbsup:

Reply to thick slc in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen