Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss The problem with 'Pop' Music?? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

Knackered Knees

I try really hard to like it, Honest, but it all sounds the same to me. Watch the clip to understand why. Very clever and very funny. Give me Mahler whilst tiling any day.:thumbsup:

[video]http://www.videobash.com/video_show/axis-of-awesome-3630[/video]

B

Bubblecraft

Love that video. It's so true though. Rock all the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

B

Bubblecraft

That's a great video. Being a guitar player I totally appreciate the style. I love Antoine Dufour, Andy McKee & Don Ross kind of styles. Doesn't make me tile faster though lol

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

That's a great video. Being a guitar player I totally appreciate the style. I love Antoine Dufour, Andy McKee & Don Ross kind of styles. Doesn't make me tile faster though lol

C-Am-F (Dm) G7 or any other key, I am a bit rusty. But I think these four/five chords will cover a lot of (pop) songs:lol: I will wait to be corrected:yikes:

B

Bubblecraft

Nah Phil, that sounds right to me

T

Talking about guitars, I thought I was well off for a few hours last week.

Forty years ago I was playing in a band, and purchased a Fender Telecaster, I was told at the time it was pre CBS (1965).

As I don't play much anymore I thought I might sell it.

My son went online to check the serial number, he then told me it was a 1958 vintage and could be worth a lot of money.

He phoned a company in London who deal in rare guitars, and was told they had a 58 telecaster in poor condition for sale price £25,000.00.

As my guitar is in really good condition, I thought I had made a good investment.

You can imagine how gutted I was when I was told my son had read the serial number wrong, instead of having a very valuable 58 telecaster, I actually own a 1969 telecaster.

Good job I didn't book a cruise on the strength of it, (Oh begger).

Still a nice guitar though, sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread, I think I just needed to get that off my chest:lol:

B

Bubblecraft

Man, you must have been gutted! I know I would have been

T

Just a bit mate, still going to get it valued though. Might pay for a weekend away.:lol:

B

Bubblecraft

Maybe to Vegas for a 69 Tele. I've way too many guitars to be buying any more (Says the Mrs) Can never have too many!

T

Time's Ran Out

When you complain about 'pop' music I'am afraid it's an age thing!
My Grandad thought the Beatles were loud, hairy and rubbish.
My Dad thought the Sex Pistols were loud, scruffy and rubbish.
And I think anything after 1990 is rubbish.
So it's an age thing for me.

D

Daz

The Axis of Awesome are very funny.

It's deffo an age thing....
I like tunes that are harder, faster and louder than the stuff that my teenage daughter listens to, but I also appreciate the older tunes - had a great sing-a-long listening to Gold (the chippy had his Makita radio on) whilst grouting a floor yesterday.

Daz

T

Time's Ran Out

Captain - I was down your way last week (Essex) and found Gold! -The wireless station.
It was great to listen to Benny Hill's 'Ernie, The Fastest milkman in the West'. But then I heard it another 6 times in the week - think I'll send them a few suggestions.

Reply to The problem with 'Pop' Music?? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks