Currently reading:
Thats A First..

Discuss Thats A First.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Finally come across a tile the sigma won't cut..tried one score, five scores, steady pressure, quick snap, just won't cut em :(
Bring on the Rubi brigade ;)
WP_20151105_16_39_39_Pro.jpg
WP_20151105_16_39_49_Pro.jpg
WP_20151105_16_39_59_Pro.jpg

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
They look like the tiles I had a couple of weeks ago. I just angle ground them then wiped off the tile dust. The dust stuck to them and I had to used neat acid to clean them up prior to grouting. Are they anti slip? Are the customers wanting Ebony grout? I used the Bal pre-seal on them after I neutralised the acid. They came up a treat.

2015-10-27 15.34.49.jpg

S

Spare Tool

They look like the tiles I had a couple of weeks ago. I just angle ground them then wiped off the tile dust. The dust stuck to them and I had to used neat acid to clean them up prior to grouting. Are they anti slip? Are the customers wanting Ebony grout? I used the Bal pre-seal on them after I neutralised the acid. They came up a treat.

View attachment 78044
Could be same Shaun, yes they were anti-slip, my customer just wanted grey grout, they grouted and cleaned up ok without sealing.

@Dave tried winding the breaker up but that didn't help, ended up wetcutting them all, was only an ensuite floor so not too big a deal just surprised to find a tile the sigma wouldn't cut, its cut everything I've thrown at it up to now ;)

O

Old Mod

Some tiles just can't be cut. I just finished half of a big floor job using some 75*75 fanal porcelain with a glass glaze. Also cushion edged to make it even harder. I've cut them before with the Sigma, gentle score and hard crack on the handle, but this batch seemed over-baked and just brittle. Had to grinder everything. No skirts thank goodness!
Seems to be happening more and more now!

Reply to Thats A First.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement