Search the forum,

Discuss Tax return - claiming vehicle expenses or mileage in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Just wondering which we all prefer to claim for when it comes to tax return time....... a proportion of the vehicle costs or mileage?

I have always been mileage, but beginning to wonder if claiming for vehicle running costs may be better?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
May i just say as well, im bloody sick of receipts ,thousands of em over years you are meant to keep, im sure its a pee take by the scum at the inland rev :)

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
6 years worth is all you have to keep.
I do reciepts myself, not forgeting you can write off the cost of the van foe the first 4 years under capital allowances.

Reaction score
Every year HMRC blindfold the office junior who then sticks a pin into a list of businesses who submitted a tax return the year before. The lucky businesses chosen get a full investigation into their returns. If it's you they choose then you are certain to appreciate the pain of keeping all your invoices!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Can't wait, the pratts gonna get 20 asda bag full dumped on his desk.
If i wanted to do paperwork i woulda been a flippin accountant ;)

S

steve187

if i have a van that is used solely for work, then i claim all cost associated with that van, petrol/diesel, insurance, tax, parking,repairs etc, and then on top of that i claim capital expenses for depreciation

Reaction score
Can't wait, the pratts gonna get 20 asda bag full dumped on his desk.
If i wanted to do paperwork i woulda been a flippin accountant ;)
Don't worry about the accounts. You can find a good 6 week course on the internet - makes you a fully qualified accountant ..... :lol:

Reply to Tax return - claiming vehicle expenses or mileage in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen