Search the forum,

Discuss tax help please? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Martino

hi i have.been.self employed for around 6yrs now. does anyone know a way you can pay as you earn rather than at the end of the tax year?...and then somehow you claim your expenses back at the end? would be much easier for me

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
HMRC are pretty good customer service wise these days, I'd give them a call and they'll probably get you to register online on their website using your tax code. Then you have options to pay in there via billpay.

I'd also consider speaking to an accountant who can make sure you're claiming for all the right things to get your tax bill down. They always should save you more money than they cost you.

P

Peter

Does the CIS scheme let you sort your own tax or only for main contractors?

Prefer the idea of keeping mine in my own bank as a cashflow backup, helps out a bit when dealing with late payers.

M

Martino

Cheers for the replys guys i have been thinking about it alot today and i think im going to transfer a set amount into a ISA that way i will get interest too!...wooop wooop lol

I

Ian

Cheers for the replys guys i have been thinking about it alot today and i think im going to transfer a set amount into a ISA that way i will get interest too!...wooop wooop lol

Thats what my accountant told me to do when I first started using him. Put 20% of every invoice in an Isa, get interest on it and you'll have more than enough to cover the tax bill come payment time.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Does the CIS scheme let you sort your own tax or only for main contractors?

Prefer the idea of keeping mine in my own bank as a cashflow backup, helps out a bit when dealing with late payers.

CIS is basically for subbies working on commercial jobs. 20% of everything you earn is deducted by the contractor you are working for and is paid monthly to HMRC. It's pretty good as you normally end up with a decent rebate every year

Reply to tax help please? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen