Currently reading:
Tanking

Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Not saying this is relevant to you Tom, but every failed shower/wetroom I've looked at has been someone else's.
When upon asking potential client, where is original installer?
The reply is always the same!
"Wouldn't have him back, messed up first time, what's to say he won't mess up again?"

Consequently, I've never been recalled to one of my wet area either! :D

So I always promote wet areas being tanked, just to be safe.
Unless I can physically see the whole construction from 1st fix up, I'm not going to put my faith in someone else's prep, I only have faith in mine.
And when all said and done, it's a very cheap insurance policy.

That's how I look at it.

I

Italy

I've never had a failure, as far as I know, but I insist on tanking showers & above a bath if shower is fitted.
I just don't see the point now in not spending the extra on a tanking kit when the customer is spending a couple of thousand on tiles etc & it's only an extra couple of hundred quid to give a rock solid guarantee.
i same

Reply to Tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am about to waterproof an existing shower after taking out all of the old tiles and old mud waterproofing. From what I see there is an existing drainage. The idea is to clean everything...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement