Currently reading:
Tanking and tiling timber batten to bath

Discuss Tanking and tiling timber batten to bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I have BAL Green Star. I did tell the man in Topps that I was tanking, and he sold me the tiles. The tub says max 300 x 300 (= area 90,000) , and I have 400 x 250 = (= area 100,000). So I guess I'm going back to Topps :( Any recommendations for which bagged adhesive to go for?

Just get topps own brand single part flex slow set... don't let them sell you BAL, it is a fortune in topps.. make sure the adhesive is white.. you cannot use Dispersion adhesive over thanking as stated by Jay..

B

bodgermatic

Right, time for an update.

I've taken the tubbed adhesive back, and Topps own bagged adhesive was the same price as the BAL! So I went round the corner to another shop and I've come away with Ultra Pro RapidPB (wishing I hadn't bought rapid now). I don't know if it's white, but it's definitely cement based. Is this still usable? I did mention that the walls were tanked, but one guy didn't know what it meant, and the other guy suggested it was OK to use any adhesive over tanked. I'm struggling to get good product advice in these shops. I think what I should have done was asked for a shopping list on here first :mad2:

Anyway, back to the tanking. For reference, I'm using the Mapei tanking kit - it was on special in Screwfix at £39.99 :D
dsc02459.jpg dsc02460.jpg dsc02462.jpg dsc02461.jpg

Doing the corner strips was pretty easy, and they overlap the bath nicely. One comment is that the instructions say a dry layer thickness of 1-2mm is ideal! So I gave up with the roller and started slathering it on liberally with the brush. I'll leave it an hour or so now and get another layer on.
pencil.png

Reply to Tanking and tiling timber batten to bath in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.