Search the forum,

Discuss swimming pool tile , Cobham in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Well back home now ! just got started in north london then got the call to go over to Cobham ,when i got there they needed the pool tiled and grouted and filling -up in three days !!!!!!!!!! as they are having an invitations only viewing day today so i got stuck in tiled all walls and grouted day one !! day two tiled floor/grouted no pressure here !!! ,by this time i had spectators as nobody had seen so much work done by one person LOL third day steps/grout and finish, i did worn them that it was against the guarantee to fill the pool so soon but the hose pipe was in the pool friday night day three!! i then crashed the night in the hotel then came home this morning to walk my poppy, lets hope the cheque is in the post ...........lol :thumbsup:

B

bugs183

Good effort matey, i take it it wasn't paper faced mosiac, mind you they could fill the pool and the paper would remove itself, i hate that stuff!!!!!

Reaction score
Thanks mate, it was original style,a very nice blend of mosaic , i used to like the old paper faced Bissazza at least you could get great tile addy contact, we used to fix them with white cement then,the key thing when using them is to wash the glue off the tile face before grouting , lol that used to catch loads of people out !!! :hurray:

B

bugs183

And to make sure the border has been turned round the same way as all the others before you fix...doh:mad2:

Reaction score
92m2 in total Neal , its the detail that slows you down like step units, i can fire the meterage on very easily as i have been doing it so long ( trying not to sound cocky ) but i think i could fix it blindfold ( oh no i think i might try this lol ) & my back was aching from carriing big tubs of addy down a ladder from the other pool with the movable floor i need a young lad to help me i think ( getting to old for this )........

J

jonnyc

where were you in cobham.
i ve got a job there at the moment too, its only one mile from where i live

Reaction score
Jonny on a gated estate in Eaton park ,quite deep in to the estate,very very big fancy houses all gated off, a millionaires collective,.
Dave no mate he has been in the Navy for 7 months now ,we had a great day out at his passing out (so proud of him ) so been struggling on on my own, but some of these jobs that are coming - in are big and need at least two guys, but when you work away you have to factor -in accommodation /subsistence which can stack -up in London !!

Reply to swimming pool tile , Cobham in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen