Search the forum,

Discuss Support / Fitting Limestone Coving in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

I am current tiling a chimney breast in limestone and wish to fit a 100mm x 20mm x 1200mm long limestone slip onto the wall tiles at ceiling level and am concerned that the adhesive on its own would not support the weight of the slip. Any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

E

enduro

Do not use tubbed adhesive, use a good powder adhesive. Make sure you get 100% coverage on the wall & tile.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

if this is a shelf drill 8mm hole 60mm deep into centre of shelf 4 holes 100mm in then every 200mm now put bolts in to wall using apoxy resin leaving 58mm of the thread sticking out. now fill the drill holes with apoxy resin about half way .and run a line of the resin down the back of the stone now push the stone on to the studs and push back intill it makes contact with the wall now let set /ps tape round the wall where the shelf is going to stop the apoxy sticking where you dont want

C

Ceramico tiling

You should definitely get some mechanical fastening on that slip.I would use threaded bars and set them 10mm into the stone with resin.If you keep the holes tight the bars will set straight. I would then get my holes on the wall perfect.I would make sure theres a good 40mm into the wall.There is a nice product called Green 300 Anchorset. It is a resin that has a long applicator nozzle that both mixes and lets the resin start right at the back of your holes in the wall.Threads are supposed to be turned into a hole filled with resin but thats not going to be possible.So deff use adhesive aswell. Just be carefull about the drying times with Green 300 if you decide to use it.

Reply to Support / Fitting Limestone Coving in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen