Currently reading:
Sub-floor board

Discuss Sub-floor board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Simons70

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Luton
kingspan.jpg
You can get 50mm insulation boards ...Maybe double them up ..
I find this but I don't know if is suitable and how can be fixed.
Kingspan Insulation Boards,70mm 4 sheets or 11.52m 2

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
View attachment 86853
I find this but I don't know if is suitable and how can be fixed.
Kingspan Insulation Boards,70mm 4 sheets or 11.52m 2

That's exterior insulation for attaching to the building and rendering. Not sure if it has much strength in compression.
Like above, two layers of 50mm adhesives together , or 50mm kingspan with 59mm liquid, or sand/cement screed.

Personally the insulation board will be quicker. Lay one layer, then the next one at 90degrees.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I'm just tiler,so I need to find some materials to be tiled:)
Aye , fair enough Simon .
It is really easy , you do need the right tools though , us tradesmen should be able to do other basic bits of other trades , Ive picked loads up over 30 years doing my own houses and stuff, once you get confident it's easy enough.
but if you just wanna stick to one thing it's fair enough :)

S

Spare Tool

Aye , fair enough Simon .
It is really easy , you do need the right tools though , us tradesmen should be able to do other basic bits of other trades , Ive picked loads up over 30 years doing my own houses and stuff, once you get confident it's easy enough.
but if you just wanna stick to one thing it's fair enough :)
Yep your right widdy, only today I removed a patio door, set it up nicely on a workbench, attempted to take 5mill off the bottom...and smashed my plain blade to pieces on the bottom lock :( I'm sticking to winging it at tiling ;)

Reply to Sub-floor board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for tiling.I have removed the floor boards and plan to lay 18mm WBP plywood.The question is, what...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement