Search the forum,

Discuss starting college monday in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

suave

hi guys! most of you know iam a course tiler with limited experience,ive enrolled in college this week and done 2 days induction,course duration is 17th jan to 17th jun iam going to try to post a weekly diary on here what ive been taught to see how it compares to what a got taught on the private training course,good points bad points if any.a get a industry recognised certificate at the end of course and the opportunity for fastrack further study,i cant wait to get started, with the course and a few jobs under my belt and all the knowledege ive drummed into my brain from the forum,hopefully a should skate the course.
thank you all and al keep yous updated on my progress:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A

Aston

go get em suave :thumbsup::thumbsup:
and pay attention, no talking in class !!!!!! :smilewinkgrin:

you'll do well mate..
ed

M

mikethetile

does this mean your going on the student riots now LOL

I was lucky with my lecturer as he had been tiling all his life, it will be interesting to see if they have made changes to the sylabus

T

tfs

Only negative thing about college tiling course is the imature youngsters who dont realy show any ambition to learn. My training allowed me to attain various accredited untis which are part of the NVQ, in addition to this they offer CSCS training and certification and allowed students to undertake PASMA training. I didnt take part in the CSCS or PASMA part as I had already aquired these prior to attending college at the time.

Most interesting parts for me was learning the basics of sand and cement screeding on floors and walls and the setting out around windows, arches and stairways etc was usefull also. Oh, and the unlimted amount of tiles to practrice with. Unfortunatly, we were not allowed to use cutters etc for the first 3 months and everything was done by hand we were even taught to cut quarry tiles with a scribe and straight pein hammer.

Hope you enjoy the course mate, good luck:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

did you have to tile breeze block too tfs LOL

I remember cutting tiles with a scribe and my rubi sitting in the van in the carpark

Reply to starting college monday in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen