Search the forum,

Discuss Stained porcelain floor tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
had a nightmare on job laid recently..50mts porc on ufh ..bifold doors on one end 3 rooms knocked into 1...massively out of level everywhere..started laying these 600x600 s with the vacum lifter which i always use on these with 3mm joints..noticed with light flooding in through the doors the lifter left a black ring in the tile .carried on laying thinking no prob will clean off during grouting etc ...wrong ..no way would the mark come off ..the tiles were made in poland and obviously un glazed but highly polished ..virtually zero info on the boxes...spent 2 days at my cost cleaning with every type of cleaner known to man..poultice ..alkaline...thinners ..etc ..has anybody else had this issue

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
no lubricant on the lifter at all they must have been a bad tile and very microporous or something ive never had that problem before in 20 years

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
yeah managed to clear most of them with your intensive cleaner and white emulsifier ...but it took a long time just couldnt believe a tile could stain so easily even tea stains were a nightmare to clean off ..just a warning to others if youre using lifters test it in the tile first

W

White Room

yeah managed to clear most of them with your intensive cleaner and white emulsifier ...but it took a long time just couldnt believe a tile could stain so easily even tea stains were a nightmare to clean off ..just a warning to others if youre using lifters test it in the tile first

I'm surprised they don't make a white one...I have a black one and it can mark tiles without realising it.

Reply to Stained porcelain floor tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen