Search the forum,

Discuss Square edge chrome trims in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I tend to use these a lot now on ceramic/porcelain jobs, much better finish than plastic ..

Anyone else using them more now..

Homelux ones for me... around a fiver each from ctd.

5060199170477_002c_v001_ap

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just done 2 bathrooms with them, look so much better than plastic. There were no square corners which was a pain so if took a while getting the angles right. Customer originally wanted white plastic but soon changed her mind when i showed her both side by side

C

charlie1

Yes, use the square ones the most, they can make very cheap tiles look a lot more expensive! With rectified porcs I tend to not use trim though, can't beat the through bodied look of nice porcs, gives a very robust look imo. I never use any trim with stone.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I like to use these

2011-02-10_13-45-34_975.jpg

The cube is inserted in to the end reducing the need for any mitreing. Ideal for internal and external corners

R

Rockingmark

Hi Charlie1, I have just fitted 300 x 600 x 10 porcs with rectified edges. Like you I opted to leave them finished without edge trim. However I need to seal the edge. When I wet the edge it darkens the porc and masks the machine marks which is exactly the effect I need. Can you recommend a sealer for this job, that will have this desired affect and not make the ede look varnished? I thought about LTP colour intensifier and sealer. Is this stuff any good?

Cheers
Mark

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
these look minted john,im sure you posted before but can you remind me who supplies these....must try out soon!!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
these look minted john,im sure you posted before but can you remind me who supplies these....must try out soon!!

Unique are the manufacturer and I get them from STS in Leeds, trims and cubes, pricey but I think they look the biz

Reply to Square edge chrome trims in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen