Discuss Small Shower Large Tiles... in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Z

zzr-matt

We have some 600 x 300mm tiles left over from our bathroom and need to retile our ensuite.

The shower enclosure is a recessed 760 x 760mm with a pivot door. Has anyone got any photos of this size of tile used in such a small area? Would we be better off going down to a smaller size to make things look better?

O

Old Mod

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Z

zzr-matt

Thanks chaps. Would you recommend going brick bond or straight bond pattern?

I have used brick bond elsewhere but worried about the <80mm cuts on every other row looking a bit strange

Z

zzr-matt

Thanks chaps...

I'm still interested in more pictures of 760 x 760 alcove enclosures with the 600x 300 tiles if you have any more lying about.

The picture below shows what is being replaced... the plasterboard ended about 10-20mm above the upstand on the tray. They then left this air gap and tiled down to the tray and sealed the tiles to the tray. 8 year old thrown together big building company super special. The first we knew about it was the hall lights flickering and the water pouring out of the light switch on he floor below. To be honest I'm amazed it lasted 8 years!

IMG-20160624-WA0001.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Small Shower Large Tiles... in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks