Search the forum,

Discuss slate tiles (high gloss seal looks dull) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Z

zak4444

Good evening to all of you I have just stuck down 50 sq metres in a hotel bar, cloured slate, Now I put grey grout in and made sure the tiles were totally cleaned prior to the seal going on.

As they are withholding payment, I need help, is there something i can use to bring up the luster.

or is there something i can use to take off sealer re-clean tiles and high gloss again

can you please tell me any suggestions you may have

any help would be greatfully recieved.

I have the tile company coming up on tuesday, but i want to go back on sunday to see if i can see if the issue can be resolved:oops:

Z

zak4444

i think Lithofin
if you can give me an option for both I will be able to buy both tomorrow and i will have details at hotel

W

wetdec

Whichever you used its now too late to do anything about the colour you will have go back to the stone............doesnt sound like slate seal as it will give a good finish even if the tiles were cloudy.

Who specified the sealer or bought it for the job m8 ?

D

DHTiling

I feel like tony , i think maybe an impregnator was used....topical slate seal is usually pretty effective..

Z

zak4444

what would you guys suggest I use to strip it back to the stone, and what product should i ensure i use when i put the seal back on

W

wetdec

Then its down to you and i guess you never checked the finish with the client on a tester.

You wont get a result with the tile suplier they are covered by the word natural rightly or wrongly.

You say high gloss sealer you must have some idea of which it was ???

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to slate tiles (high gloss seal looks dull) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen