Discuss Silicone Gap around shower tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Ok so ive messed up a bit when tiling my shower room - after spending ages measuring tiles and where to start to avoid small cuts and getting the boarder in the right place, i placed a baton and tiled off that ive now tiled down to my shower tray and i am out by about 5mm - so rather than haveing a nice 3mm gap between the tray and my tiles to silicone i am left with about 8mm - is this too big to fill ?

i can not raise the shower tray and short off taking all the tiles off and starting again i am not sure what to do

do you think 8mm is to big ? or should i look at some sort of edging trim / tile around the gap any advise greatly appreciated

Reply to Silicone Gap around shower tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks