Search the forum,

Discuss Sigma blade swap for ats blade. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Was shocked at the price of a replacement blade for my sigma 10 m9. So rang Alan at ats. They don't make a 300mm porcelain blade yet, but do a 250mm with the correct hole size. Thought I would give it a try as the standard blade is rubbish on porc.
Pleased with the results so far and the blade is getting better with every cut. The only downsides with using the smaller blade is seeing it under the splash guard and having to run deeper water in the tray.

number one is the ats blade after running through vileroy & boch porcelain.
Number two is the standard blade, this has never been good but put it down to the blade been under mounted. (Over mount dewalt leaves a better finish.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 135
C

Concrete guy

Thanks for posting this Paul.

We've had two more enquiries for 300mm blades today to fit Sigma machines. Looks like it's something we need to manufacture.

To be fair to the Sigma blade - I don't think it's designed for porcelain, they do offer a 300mm continuous rim Porcelain Gres blade.

Your Sigma blade pictured above is segmented and in a dense product like porcelain, that's always going to chip no matter how good the quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Peter

Looks like a good alternative. Top of the range Sigma 300mm is £150 so a 300 for half that would be terrific.

C

Concrete guy

Looks like a good alternative. Top of the range Sigma 300mm is £150 so a 300 for half that would be terrific.

I ran some numbers today and we'd be less than half that.

We'll start with Porcelain continuous rim only in that size and see what the take up is.

Realistic timescale is June before we'd have these available.

We can also do 350mm, which seems large for a tile blade, is that something used much on UK machinery?

C

Concrete guy

My 86c blade is good but I am so impressed with the finish off the grinder turbo blade I need this for my 9p!

What size blade do you use in that Cameron?

We have 200mm or 230mm in the same blade pictured in Post one. Both with a 30mm bore.

Reply to Sigma blade swap for ats blade. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen