Search the forum,

Discuss Shower/ Wetroom waterproofing in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

H573

TF
Reaction score
Mmhttps://www.tilingsuppliesdirect.co.uk/product/everbuild-503-sbr-bond we used to use sbr and cement to tank damp areas over here , like cellars , and damp courses, maybe that is what they tank with in zambia, sbr mixed with addy ?
Mmhttps://www.tilingsuppliesdirect.co.uk/product/everbuild-503-sbr-bond we used to use sbr and cement to tank damp areas over here , like cellars , and damp courses, maybe that is what they tank with in zambia, sbr mixed with addy ?
Thanks Widler I’ll look into this. I think you could be right. Cheers mate.

Just another question Is SBR latex based or Acrylic or are they both the same thing? I’ve looked online but can’t find any definite answer

H573

TF
Reaction score
were you on the level 2 Cskills diploma or city & guilds level 2
I got my Level 1 extended Certificate City and Guilds and was about to start Level 1 diploma but then we moved here, the tutors were great though they knew I was leaving so they let me do some of the diploma stuff too before I went. I’m hoping to return for a short time and do the level 1 diploma starting September.

H573

TF
Reaction score
Thanks Widler I’ll look into this. I think you could be right. Cheers mate.

Just another question Is SBR latex based or Acrylic or are they both the same thing? I’ve looked online but can’t find any definite answer
I’ve just opened the link ta, so SBR is latex based great stuff thanks mate

Reaction score
You might be better off going straight on to the level 2 diploma I teach the level 1 it's just basic & you re-visit some of the level 1 on the level 2 anyway

H573

TF
Reaction score
You might be better off going straight on to the level 2 diploma I teach the level 1 it's just basic & you re-visit some of the level 1 on the level 2 anyway
Thanks Andy, that’s really helpful, much appreciated. I’ll take your advice and try and get straight on the level 2

Reaction score
worse case scenario you have to do the level 1 which you can do in 2/3 months then move on to the level 2 , you'll just have to put a little more graft in H

H573

TF
Reaction score
worse case scenario you have to do the level 1 which you can do in 2/3 months then move on to the level 2 , you'll just have to put a little more graft in H
Cheers Andy, How long approximately does the level 2 take?
I’m more than happy to put the graft in.
I left school with no qualifications. I was a window cleaner 25 years and hated every minute of it. I love tiling it gives me a great sense of satisfaction.

H573

TF
Reaction score
Sika products seem to be available but to be honest you'll probably be a trail blazer tanking a shower over there much like it is here in Spain.
Thanks PDC. I think you’re right you mention tanking and waterproofing for showers, even primers and nobody knows what you’re on about. And availability is non existent.
Like Spain pretty much everywhere is tiled here.

Reply to Shower/ Wetroom waterproofing in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen