Search the forum,

Discuss Shower room large tiles. Where too start in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Mhen

DIY Tiler
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m about to start a shower room job. I’m using 1200mm x200mm tiles vertically. So it will only be 2 high each row.

What’s the best way to start. If the tiles were smaller I would use a baton to get my level but wiith only 2 high, not sure the best way to start. Should I use a baton and put the top tile on first or should I try and get a level at floor level ( allowing for floor tiles) and do two at a time?

Any help would be appropriated

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi , run a level Datum line around the perimeter of your room, central ffrom floor to ceiling , then cut the first row to this datum line if that makes sense .. then continue with second row .

J

J Sid

Tile the floor first and if the same tile run the cut from the floor up the wall as if the wall is an extension of the floor

WP_20161126_14_21_12_Rich.jpg

Mhen

DIY Tiler
Reaction score
that looks good but we are using different tiles and different size so wouldnt work. thanks for replying.
[automerge]1569932682[/automerge]
Hi , run a level Datum line around the perimeter of your room, central ffrom floor to ceiling , then cut the first row to this datum line if that makes sense .. then continue with second row .

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i know what you mean. Will give that method a go i think. saves me trying to get a level baton 15mm off the floor. Cheers

D

Dumbo

that looks good but we are using different tiles and different size so wouldnt work. thanks for replying.
[automerge]1569932682[/automerge]
Those tiles are similar to yours . They have been fixed with a random bond that is why they look different to yours. Your tiles could be fixed in the same manner.

J

J Sid

Lay a the floor first and level. Fix tiles to the wall, full tile of floor (pretend it's a batton).
If your ceiling is 2400 high its 2 full tiles, if less you will need to cut top tiles to ceiling line

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m about to start a shower room job. I’m using 1200mm x200mm tiles vertically. So it will only be 2 high each row.

What’s the best way to start. If the tiles were smaller I would use a baton to get my level but wiith only 2 high, not sure the best way to start. Should I use a baton and put the top tile on first or should I try and get a level at floor level ( allowing for floor tiles) and do two at a time?

Any help would be appropriated
Hi,
how i use a laser level to ping a line round,, if you dont have access to one, use a level and draw a line all the way round, if the floor is tiled after wall then you dont need to be so accurate with cuts, with in a few mm as floor will cover, hope this helps a little

Reply to Shower room large tiles. Where too start in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen