Search the forum,

Discuss Setting out for window in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Chwrlie

Evening, hope all is well.

Im Looking for a bit of advice regarding setting out on the window wall. Which ever way I play around with it I seem to have a sliver either at the window or both ends. I've attached a photo of the wall and a diagram with the measurements. It would be nice to know how you guys would tackle it. Tiles are 60cm x 20cm ceramics using 2mm spacers. Thanks in advance.
20180319_183007.jpg
20180319_183141.jpg

B

Bill

Might have a solution. If I fit a a dectretive tile at the centre line of window that gives me a 100mm cut either side of the window. Didn't really want to use a decretive tile on that wall but can' really see any other option. View attachment 97590
If you put a chrome box trim either side of the decorative centre tile, then you can cut into the box trim with the two field tiles and have the full tile joint running up the window reveals and create bigger cuts.

C

Chwrlie

Glad you brought that up, haven't got that far yet, was just trying to work out what looks best. Luckily I only have the height of the door frame to consider. My thinking, the window is 110mm that would accomodate 5 tiles with spacers and a 80mm cut at the top, and a full tile at the bottom. Will measure properly when I get home tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Setting out for window in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement