Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Self Levelling Over Bitumen Dpm In 1950 House in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Jayeno

Hi guys I'm a first time house buyer, and I am trying to level a floor to tile. The hardcore underneath the bitumen is old sham and sand from a nearby by Pitt. Then on top of that concrete and a bitumen dpm of around 10-15mm.

Problem is over the years when shale or sand absorbs moisture it has swelled causing lumps around 5 mm high on the floor.

I have contacted various companies but the never reply.and from what info I have gathered I am not sure a laytex or fibouroud self leveller will do.

Sorry for ling post any help would be great thank you

Jay

Attachments

• image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
J

Jayeno

Thanks Gary, is there no self leveller Available that could do the job? Why does it have to come up by so much?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It needs a good base so you need to either get it up and stick a good screed in to make it solid. Or stick a good screed on top.

Your floor isn't solid at all.

Reply to Self Levelling Over Bitumen Dpm In 1950 House in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks