Search the forum,

Discuss Self leveling compound in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

paul50

It's flexible and it dos say on the packaging that's it's suitable for electric underfloor heating.

P

paul50

Hi Timeless John, I live in a ground floor semi detached flat with no restrictions.

Faithhealer, I may have the name wrong but when I was in Selco's I'm sure the name was sealacoat super. However, they only sold three types of slc. Two of them were the same brand but only one is suitable for use with ufh.

W

White Room

I find there are so many slc with names that we have never heard of, just a repackage IMO. Take pva as an example, each company don't make their own, it's bought and a name change. Sbr is another, Runna fix and even the white liquid for the admix to Bisazzas start called Up is sbr but thinned to their spec. Get a well known make and be safe rather than cheap.:thumbsup:

P

paul50

Would it be better to use a squeegee with slits in the rubber to spread the slc evenly, like a sealy squeegee.

W

White Room

Never used one, only used the spiked roller or large trowel found I had more control over the slc

Reply to Self leveling compound in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen