Search the forum,

Discuss Sealing around shower door frame. in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Enforcer

I have refitted my ensuite and I have made it to the last step only to run into trouble I cant seem to fix.

I have a tiled shower floor with wet room tray underneath, all tanked etc and tiled the walls. Sliding shower door frame fitted. Siliconed up where the metal meets the tile but I keep getting a tiny amount of water though the frame.

I have removed the silicone, cleaned it up, refitted but still the same problem - only slightly better this time. It is somewhat "submerged" as it gains about 1cm of water as the 4bar pump through the Grohe RainShower really dumps it out.

Should I have primed the shower door frame or anything like that ?

T

The Enforcer

Both sides actually.
But since removing, just the inside.
Im sure thats what the destructions said to do.

W

Waluigi

Which shower screen brand is it?

I’ve never installed a screen that suggested you seal the inside. Not the bottom horizontal profile anyway.

There are quite precise instructions for sealing shower screens depending on the type. Perhaps if you posted a photo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

Qwerty

What silicone? Mapei or Dow Corning would be my choice. Use a Fugi tool to smooth it out. Ensure its all thoroughly de-greased before

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My guess is it is coming through where the horizontal and vertical parts of the frame meet or as you have a build up of water within the enclosure it’s making its way between the wall channel and frame.

T

The Enforcer

My guess is it is coming through where the horizontal and vertical parts of the frame meet or as you have a build up of water within the enclosure it’s making its way between the wall channel and frame.
This is what I think. I think it was making its way through the wall channel and it was coming out where the lower horizontal met the upright.

Photos to follow.

T

The Enforcer

Here are the photos of the room (my first real effort at tiling) and the shower enclosure.

Its currently not sealed on the outside. But it is on the inside. After studying the destructions - it doesnt seem that it should be sealed on the inside. RTFM!

But even so - when it was sealed on both sides - the water still got in and came through where the lower bar meets the side bars. IMG_20190318_194448.jpg IMG_20190318_194424.jpg IMG_20190318_194356.jpg IMG_20190318_194345.jpg

Reply to Sealing around shower door frame. in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen