Search the forum,

Discuss Rubi TX-900-N vs Rubi TX-900 STANDARD in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Over-engineered and lots of spare parts available.
Why have 1 rail when you can have 4?
Also, CTD and Topps offer free servicing from Rubi at trade events.

When did you last see Sigma offer that?!

Exactly!
Sigma offer free servicing.....

No one turns up though, because there so perfect.....:D

O

Old Mod

Over-engineered and lots of spare parts available.
Why have 1 rail when you can have 4?
Also, CTD and Topps offer free servicing from Rubi at trade events.

When did you last see Sigma offer that?!

Exactly!

Never seen sigma offer that, but unlike Rubi, the sigma doesn’t go wrong. :)

In fact Sigma U.K. has boxes and boxes of spare cutting wheels, because not even they need changing. :D

B

Blunt Tool

Sigma good if you learnt on a sigma ,but hard if you used rubis ,lets not argue. Lads
I learnt and worked with Rubis for 25 years, not a problem till tiles moved on getting bigger 600mm and harder (porcelain) and thicker 12mm. You know yourself trying to cut tiles like that thru a TS or TX and try to separate with their system leaves the old broken last piece at the top off line! Even Rubi knew they had to up their game with the TZ. Sigma is the most constant reliable cutter for said tiles to leave a near perfect cut even going down past 20mm sliver, and that is why it is a no brainer that I replaced with Sigma, and saved my customers a few boxes of tiles!

B

Blunt Tool

Gotta agree with that.

Rubi are the Nokia of the tiling world. Had the market in the palm of their hands but didn’t adapt when the market changed.

I quite like the look of the TZ but they’ve priced themselves out of the market a bit IMO.
Yes I agree, the TZ does look well made and designed but haven’t actually seen it in real life action doing what I do everyday with my Sigma and I don’t really know any tilers rich enough to have one ;)

Reply to Rubi TX-900-N vs Rubi TX-900 STANDARD in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

Birthdays

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.