Currently reading:
Rounded edge tiles - size discrepancy

Discuss Rounded edge tiles - size discrepancy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dad

I just had a nightmare with a job using HR Johnson RE and REX tiles. My client didn't want trims, so I ordered rounded edge tiles from Johnson's factory shop on back order. They arrived as planned, but when I came to fix them, I noticed that the rounded edge tiles were around 1mm to 1.5mm smaller than the plain tiles (on 200mm x 200mm tiles) this looked awful with the planned 3mm grout lines and I decided to abort the job. Johnson's have since told me that the size difference was due to the biscuits for the RE/REX tiles being made in Spain unlike those for he plain tiles. - and they were - quote: "within tolerance" WTF??? Call me fussy, but I refuse to fit them and have sent the RE/REX's back and will be using trim (against my wishes):mad2:

Reply to Rounded edge tiles - size discrepancy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.