Search the forum,

Discuss Rogue Traders Get Sent Down in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

I have mixed emotions on this. One one hand it's good news these scum have been brought to justice but on the other it adds to the suspicion over any trades working for the domestic market. Much of my work is now by referral but occasionally you have someone is very wary and nervous and it's not until you show them a good job before they relax.

U

user123

I saw this, and the 'caught on camera' bit, they sounded so reasonable, who are these people?? What makes people so callous?? I just don't get it... ten years hard labour, no less, oh, if I was judge.... :incazzato: but yes, you are right Sandy, it makes people more cautious, but that can only be good in the long run ...

I had these 2 hard sell people in my house once when I was a newly divorced single Mum, and it got pretty scary, after three hours or so they left saying they would be back in half an hour with a sample, so I quickly rang a friend for help who lived close by who immediately came round, and as soon as they saw him, my God how they changed, got very nervous and left pretty quickly ... bit of an eye opener what life on my own would mean... must be even worse for old people living alone.

S

SandyFloor

I saw this, and the 'caught on camera' bit, they sounded so reasonable, who are these people?? What makes people so callous?? I just don't get it... ten years hard labour, no less, oh, if I was judge.... :incazzato: but yes, you are right Sandy, it makes people more cautious, but that can only be good in the long run ...

I had these 2 hard sell people in my house once when I was a newly divorced single Mum, and it got pretty scary, after three hours or so they left saying they would be back in half an hour with a sample, so I quickly rang a friend for help who lived close by who immediately came round, and as soon as they saw him, my God how they changed, got very nervous and left pretty quickly ... bit of an eye opener what life on my own would mean... must be even worse for old people living alone.

My mum (82) frequently has people at the door and the best they will get from her is to come back when one of her sons is there.....they never ask for an appointment. For the roof slate con she just says one of her sons is a builder (not true) and that does the trick. Before she had monoblock on her drive she regularly had the dodgy tarmac boys at the door.

It wasn't too bad before as I always got her dogs for security which were very effective. The last was a Great Dane and before that a Rottie. Now she doesn't want a dog. No-one messes with and old lady with a very large dog at her side when she answers the door :lol:

Reaction score
A lot of areas are getting to be no cold calling zones now, which tends to keep most of these scumbags away, it's the ones that trade as bogus gasmen that I still hear about locally preying on the older generation and single women, they should be tied up in a cage and the family of the victims allowed to punish them as they like imho.

Reply to Rogue Traders Get Sent Down in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen