Search the forum,

Discuss Rogue Customers..Not Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

On my local news tonight there was a builder who was owed £20,000 for building a porch and a conservatory, anyway the customer wouldn't pay him so he went round to her house and removed it. There was nothing wrong with his building work just a customer who had no intention of paying him..The builder said he couldn't stand to lose £20,000 and small businesses should have more protection from ROGUE CUSTOMERS...:thumbsup:

R

robbo

I would have thought a Deposit of 50% would be a good idea for a job of that value... Just shows, its not always ROUGE TRADERS....

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Too right. There are good and bad intentions made by both traders and customers. And just like the program for rogue traders, they should consider doing a rogue customers. Surely it would attract the same viewers and viewer numbers as the rogue traders show.

I've personally experienced customers I'd like to stick on such a show. Some do fiddle with loopholes and grey areas to rip people off.

I heard of a granny ripping off big stores like B&Q when she "slipped" on an item on the floor or a wet floor not signed properly or something. In the end she was found out and dealt with in court but there must be loads of others like her, and others similar to her but using different techniques, maybe somtimes to get a gesture of good will refund or something on behalf of a "bad meal" when really they ate most of it and just wanted a free one. I've seen that before now too.

My mate used to go a top salon for his hair-do and then moan and say he didnt want it like that at the back (where he can't see them cutting) and demand it got it free. Worked every time. Though he started to run out of nice places to go to and now gets his hair cut on a local blokes barbers and I wouldn't tell the bloke that cuts your hair in there you dont like it - likely to be eating hair within minutes.

C

CBTC

Yes saw it - havent we all felt like that. Should be a show definitely. We'd better point out its illeagal - to the best of my knowledge - to take action like that..you have to sue through the courts for the money owed. Damaging the work / property is a nono.
If you're playing by the book...

Colin

B

brian c

Similar Thing Happenned Up Here Last Week ,it Was In The Daily:lol: Record Showed You The Guy Knocking The Porche Down With A Sledge Hammer,good On Him.she Gave Him A Cheque In December For £9,500 And It Bounced So She Has Had Long Enough.

I Was Speaking To A Guy Who Fits Windows And He Had A Customer Who Never Paid So He Took Windows Out And He Ended Up Getting His Money Plus The Money To Refit Them....customers Eh!:lol:

T

tiler burden

as cbtc rightly said, its illegal and classed as criminal damage, so dont try it unless you have the council or the right authorities permission unless you could end up in the courts your self!!

D

Dirrty

as cbtc rightly said, its illegal and classed as criminal damage, so dont try it unless you have the council or the right authorities permission unless you could end up in the courts your self!!
You got to admit though tiler burden it was fcuking funny to watch :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reply to Rogue Customers..Not Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen