Search the forum,

Discuss Repaired my wet saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I spent the last few hours repairing my Stayer wet saw , it last had a lot of usage 18 months ago on a big job where we had a lot of large format stone and porcelain to cut and was left on site for 3 months mostly outside , this caused a few issues with the machine where by the plastic tightening handles had rusted into the threads and these were just spinning and it meant that the saw could not be dismantled for cleaning or tightened into position for mitres so it has been on my to do list for several months and I had even considered gettin a professional technician to service it for me but I am glad I did it myself as i really enjoyed doing it here are a few pictures of the machine I am looking forward to using it again now

Attachments

• DSC03073 (1024x768).jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC03074 (1024x768).jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC03081 (1024x768).jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC03082 (1024x768).jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC03084 (1024x768).jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC03085 (1024x768).jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC03086 (1024x768).jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 113
W

White Room

Surprised you don't have a 110v for a machine that big Gary.......

PS, spoke to a guy the other day who knows you...Mike Mansell.

W

White Room

His wife runs a place in London, mosaic and tile centre or somethink like that and has a place in Hemel...plumpish guy who used to be a top cop once

S

Spud

I got this saw when stayer went bust, it was from a container of bankrupt stock the guy who bought it didnt know any thing about wet saws ,I paid £350 for it brand new on a boxed pallet, soon after he was selling them for £750 its a good machine and can cut a 1200 tile

S

Spud

His wife runs a place in London, mosaic and tile centre or somethink like that and has a place in Hemel...plumpish guy who used to be a top cop once
Yes I do Know him he is a friend of Ray t t his showroom in london is in Shad Thames he has got some stunning mosaic in there he is going to stock some of Ray's tiles, I have tiled a floor in Hemel recently using the 1200 x600 4.8mm at Hamilton House in the town centre,the main reception area

W

White Room

Yes I do Know him he is a friend of Ray t t his showroom in london is in Shad Thames he has got some stunning mosaic in there he is going to stock some of Ray's tiles, I have tiled a floor in Hemel recently using the 1200 x600 4.8mm at Hamilton House in the town centre,the main reception area

He did mention knowing Ray and he is going to stock the thin porcelain....his place in Hemel is next to screwfix in Maylands avenue opposite N&C Tile Shapes with Gemma running it.

J

jonnyc

I got this saw when stayer went bust, it was from a container of bankrupt stock the guy who bought it didnt know any thing about wet saws ,I paid £350 for it brand new on a boxed pallet, soon after he was selling them for £750 its a good machine and can cut a 1200 tile
I bought one of these as well gary from bankrupt stock same price!! a few years back. picked it up from somewhere near heathrow i think.
cant remember why i didnt keep it . think the head used to twist a bit when running off skirtings.
For the price it was a good cutter though.
anyway sold it to my mate for same price and he had only used a few times when someone ran over it.
he got £ 1500.00 for a replacement and bought vthe ali manta i use now so that was quite a result.

S

Spud

I bought one of these as well gary from bankrupt stock same price!! a few years back. picked it up from somewhere near heathrow i think.
cant remember why i didnt keep it . think the head used to twist a bit when running off skirtings.
For the price it was a good cutter though.
anyway sold it to my mate for same price and he had only used a few times when someone ran over it.
he got £ 1500.00 for a replacement and bought vthe ali manta i use now so that was quite a result.
Apex Grange may be stocking the mondial saws soon Jonny:thumbsup:

Reply to Repaired my wet saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen