Search the forum,

Discuss reclaimed victorion mosaics and new oriniginal style quote in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

i have a couple of areas to quote for outside in london.
first one is with new original style octagon with three borders area is approx 8.50 sq mts in a t shape . 2 . 4 x 1.00 and 4.8 x 1.25
the other is reclaimed in two rectangle areas . 1.5 x 1 and 4 x 1 .
same octagon and dot with three borders.
octagons are 152 . borders 1 x 75 and 2 x 27
below is a picture of reclaimed tiles just laid on concrete not to shape of t.

how long would you think to allow to fix the 8.5 mts new orignal style and the 5.50 old reclaimed .
assuming the base is perfect and good weather .
would be interested of any tricks with reclaimed.
i think the joints will be smaller if any on reclaimed .

Attachments

• photo 1.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 21
  • photo 3.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 24
J

jonnyc

I think that it might take 4.5. -5 days to do the T path way in new material and 3.5 days to do the smaller rectangular areas in reclaimed .
do you think I am over or underestimating the time .
time includes sorting out reclaims ,setting out,fixing,sealing, grouting sealing.
will not have to make extra visits just to seal or grout as doing a terrace at back at same time .
i know there are some experts at this Victorian type of tiling on this forum and would be good to know if I am in the right sort of time frame what do you think Phil Hobson.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I think you are in the right time scale Jonny, sorry for the late reply, this work is never easy to predict how long it will take.

Good luck with it mate, we will have to catch up and have a chat.

Reply to reclaimed victorion mosaics and new oriniginal style quote in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen