Discuss Random Question!!! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

adam skitt

Hi people! I have another question for you all out there and a rather odd one this time!! I've just been asked by a relative if it would be possible to tile the floor of a caravan without it cracking up in transport??!! To which I replied haven't got a bloody clue!!! But I told him I would see if I could find out anyway!!! So..... Any ideas??!! Thank you!!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I wouldn't......was asked this myself once by a pikey ....I politely declined the job.

Can't really see how you would get the floor stable enough to tile.

S

Spare Tool

I once did one but was in a static caravan, the floor was already plyd, so overboard with hardi, I pass the park now and again and caravans never moved so guessing neither have their tiles.
You might stand a chance with ditra over hardi...

A

adam skitt

Thanks for the replies. Sorry andystiletiling I'm new to this game, what is ditra? Is that an abbreviation? Thanks!!!

S

Spare Tool

Thanks for the replies. Sorry andystiletiling I'm new to this game, what is ditra? Is that an abbreviation? Thanks!!!
Ditra is an uncoupling matting, search it on google or youtube, that'll give you an idea of its capabilities...not sure schluter(ditra manufacturers) will give you any guarantees for this project though, cant think of anything better though..

A

adam skitt

Ah I see!! Thanks very much!! I won't be doing it but was very curious about the possibility! I will be looking into the limitations of these products though. Will be interesting to know just how much they can deal with for future reference!!

Reply to Random Question!!! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks