Discuss RAMONDI tile levelling system in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
well out of curiosity more than anything i bought the system from quick-split ,and had my first go with it , it was great fun,and much to my surprise WORKED VERY WELL !!! it would deffo slow you down i think:smilewinkgrin: but when i stood back and looked at it i thought it made the tiling look more professional !! it looked very neat and tidy as though you had made a real attempt at keeping everything looking good (maybe a psychological effect on the customer's ) lol i for one will deffo use this system again , what i did do was hide it away ,so as not to show any-chancers the make, as i think it takes the skills we have a bit and gives them to any tom dick or harry ,and thats the last thing we need as a trade lol:hurray: or am i being silly ?:smilewinkgrin:

D

dobragol

Used Raimondi levelling for the first time last week to lay some 600x600 porcelain and as for some might be just a gimmick I think it speed up tiling and definitely helped lay tiles without lippage much quicker .As I like to try new products ,next on the list Rubi levelling system.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I tried the lash system from Dave at trade tilers. It seemed a little clumsy and slow at first but when i got used to the system i was flying, much quicker than i would have been without it. I wouldn't use it on all job's but i would say to the people that say "i can tile i don't need it and it makes anyone a tiler" I don't believe that to be the case at all. Yes there may seem an element of that but that's because your looking at it from a tiler's point of view. My customer looked at it and thought how complicated it all looked. I will definitely be using it again and i may try the Raimondi as well.

S

swanman

Whats wrong with a good old fashion level

And now how to get a floor flat

Dont rate any of those level systems

B

bugs183

Have you tried them???
i'm using lash clips on 1000x300 porcelanosa rectified wall tiles at the moment without lash clips these bend in the middle.
Using these DOES NOT mean you can't tile, why not make life eAsier and have better looking results?

K

kitchensofdesir

I tried the lash system from Dave at trade tilers. It seemed a little clumsy and slow at first but when i got used to the system i was flying, much quicker than i would have been without it. I wouldn't use it on all job's but i would say to the people that say "i can tile i don't need it and it makes anyone a tiler" I don't believe that to be the case at all. Yes there may seem an element of that but that's because your looking at it from a tiler's point of view. My customer looked at it and thought how complicated it all looked. I will definitely be using it again and i may try the Raimondi as well.

Hi Gamma. I have used Lash system on my last job. Did you find you had to use thicker adhesive to allow for the clip size or was it just me..???? Worked very well on an un-level bowed wall where I needed to build adhesive up a bit and certainly sped up the job there. Tried it on the floor and slowed me right down as I had to put a thicker bed of adhesive down ( was using a 10mm trowel and had to put more on to get it right. Gonna try raimondi system as the clips are flat to start with so should work better with 6mm adhesive bed. They are supposed to push tiles into adhesive as it says on video and advertisments. I also used raimondi pliers on them to save my fingers and they worked ok. I have heard Lash are working on some pliers at the moment.
Cheeers all :thumbsup:

Reply to RAMONDI tile levelling system in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks