Search the forum,

Discuss Radial Wet Saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tileman2

Any got one of these or similar, Whats your views.

This one is a wet saw
[DLMURL="http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=139938&MAN=Einhell-Tpr2002-200mm-Diamond-Blade-Radial-Tile-Saw-800w-240v"]Einhell Tpr2002 200mm Diamond Blade Radial Tile Saw 800w 240v - Einhell EINTPR2002 at Tooled-Up.com[/DLMURL]

Not sure if this one is a wet saw
[DLMURL="http://www.NoLinksToThis/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=23661"]Rexon RTC200A Radial Tile Cutter 230V - Screwfix Direct, Everything for the Trade, Next Day![/DLMURL]

View attachment 65139

Last edited by a moderator:
D

darren7

well im not a top pro and cant say, but the rexon does say "water pump" so yes its a wet saw.

I can also tell you that a £50 machine can be better than one twice the price, with the right blade. there machines at £200 ish will not have the best blade. this blade Marcrist CK850,is twice as thin as most........ Everyone says they are the dogs.

so always remember the blade.

Darren

K

kapitan

i would reckon the cutting lengths are too short spesh on the rexon!! i would reckon no smaller than 700mm!

T

tileman2

Kapitan - Good point

Darren7 - I can also tell you that a £50 machine can be better than one twice the price, with the right blade

What wet saw do you have.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
IT does come down to the blade in most cases, plus a flat bed cutter you can make your own supports and cut any tile size should you get a bit stuck with some large formats.

L

Leatherface

Aye !!!

The blade is the key, although the more power you cutter has will help as well.
Markrist are good, so are Beava but more expensive - have got another make that I am using at the mo but can't remember the name. will let you know.
Got a price for a blade for my tile cutter - Beava blade 300mm - wait for it.................

£275.00

Ouch, will shop around. :icon8:

L

Leatherface

Depend what I am cutting, will get the price down. Only paid around £150 for my last one - a Marcrist.
My wet saw is a 2000 watter

A

Amarillo Tiling

[DLMURL="http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=139938&MAN=Einhell-Tpr2002-200mm-Diamond-Blade-Radial-Tile-Saw-800w-240v"]Einhell Tpr2002 200mm Diamond Blade Radial Tile Saw 800w 240v - Einhell EINTPR2002 at Tooled-Up.com[/DLMURL]

Not sure if this one is a wet saw
[DLMURL="http://www.NoLinksToThis/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=23661"]Rexon RTC200A Radial Tile Cutter 230V - Screwfix Direct, Everything for the Trade, Next Day![/DLMURL]

I bought the Einhell cutter about a month ago, it is ok. and I know another tiler who has the Rexon. They are both wet cutters and very reasonable for the price.
The Einhell is slightly more powerful and has a longer cutting length and depth but the Einhell can be a annoying because its legs have to be assembled each time its used (unless you have a big van) where as the Rexon's just fold down and stores compactly. Still I had the option and the Einhell had better cutting specs which are more important...its not just there to look pretty!

I need a new blade, the original one on the Einhell was really not that good. can anyone advise a good blade?
I have looked at the Marcist blades on tradetiler as others have said they are good the screwfix ones seem ok also.

View attachment 68242

Last edited by a moderator:
E

epoxy pete

ring 01132897461

leeds based firm do every diamond blade going,excellent quality product,mail order service,bought one a couple of years ago ..still going strong in my wet saw...you certainly do get what you pay for with diamond blades!!!!
would be wise to measure the blade diameter and size of centre hole exactly in mm before ringing as they will ask for this....

Reply to Radial Wet Saw in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen