Currently reading:
putting you all in the picture

Search the forum,

Discuss putting you all in the picture in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

hi
as you know i am selling some of the 'luxury tiling' equipment because i have decided to make tiling an area of my plastering rather than the main focus.
i have been back plastering and rendering since the beginning of the year and i have fell back into it because theres so much more potential work and money for me.

as a result i will only need the basics to do kitchens and floor tiling. i speak with so many tilers and they are struggling, even Phil so it's a money decision not a happy decision.

ed

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aston

Glad you have plenty of work op's and stuff with the spreading ED, they can't keep a good man like you down, i have every confidence in you coming back to the tiling in a strong way later on mate, keep up the good work as we know you will ,and don't be a stranger on the forums, as you are a great guy to have around ,all the best for now Dave :thumbsup:

thanks dave ;0)
and i hope arsenal do well for you this season mate ;0)

one final thing about dave (gooner)
he can get mis read by people on here at times but when you speak to him you realise he is a fantastic man with a wealth of experience and always happy to give advice...amazing tradesman.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jonnyc

ed . best of luck mate.
I am actually rather sad that you have just about decided that you will go back to palster/render.
nothing wrong with it, and it makes sense if the money is better.
you remember im sure those talks we had a few years back about you hoping to go to Aussie , where i have some connections and where i have equally employed many antipodeans here.
you were so suited to the old aussie tiling way and with your experience in rendering/screeding it would have been easier for you than many other tilers from uk to adapt.
I always thought about you making that plunge and your enthusiasm and i saw myself in your place i suppose and was so excited for you but i was too old to go back. alas it didnt happen but you have given it a real go here nonetheless on tiling front and it is real sign of times to me that you have had to go back to your old trade.
i am sure that no one has given it a go like you have.
now you are back in the old game .
have a look at the polished plaster trade that i mentioned to you few years back.
its still going and even today i went to job that was having morrocan tadelakt in wet rooms

J

jonnyc

sorry lost some of last post.
you can charge a fortune for this polished plaster and new morrocan system.
I have had to teach myself about habibi morroccan tiles and system of fixing but there is money and job satisfaction in this type of high end work.
] you might have to come down to the smoke a bit but will be well rewarded.
there will be plenty up in cheshire im sure .
best of luck with whatever you do and glad we havent lost you

P

Pebbs

You leaving me again Ed? Dont worry Iv'e packed your bags they are by the front door with a flask of tea and some butties for the train back home!

Seriously though, and I am from time to time, you have to keep looking forward, we all have to earn money to keep the roof over our heads and pay the bills. If this is the right thing for you right now, then you have to do it. Its tough out there at the moment, so sometimes you have to sit down and look at your options, and work with what set of skills you've got or you want to build on.

Ok back to me cutting sheets, which two years ago I would have paid someone else to do, but now have to do myself.

Lynn

Reply to putting you all in the picture in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.