Search the forum,

Discuss Protilers - Encaustic tiling in Notting Hill in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

Evening all....

went back to my job in Notting hill today......started the "feature" Encaustics.........

(IMO) its an extremely difficult pattern, mainly because it looks like there is only one colour way,
but there is actually two.....and they are in opposite directions!!!!!!

you end up colour blind in a minute flat!!!!!!!......

here is how it went:

IMG_1911_zps83d26a6b.jpg

IMG_1912_zps6fcb1612.jpg

IMG_1913_zps57a4004c.jpg

IMG_1914_zps9755c5e1.jpg

all the best lads.......tomorrow is (yet) another day!!!!!!

on a side note I got my new suit for the TTA bash yesterday....., and the Hotels booked........
I am looking forward to it.........gonna' be fun!

hehheheheheheheeeee

Lee

P

Protilers

my eyes are still a little dizzy.....but does anyone remember that game Q-Bert......?

P

Protilers

I really like that one Lee, that would look grand as a feature wall I think.

it looks great in the "flesh" Bri......but my god, it is easy to get it wrong.....and once you put a tile in the wrong place.........the whole pattern "flips"......NOT GOOD!..... its a case of measure twice........cut once.......hhehehhehehheehheee...............thanks mate, Lee

C

Concrete guy

Are they going to "frame" the tiles along the wall to match the base of the handrail?

Would be a shame to see a cut tile up against the skirting or in the pattern at all.

P

Protilers

the tiles will stay geometric and square.....the remainder will be filled with a reclaimed timber border...like this...(in a different room!):

View attachment 51042

hope this makes sense ATS.......

all the best

Lee

C

Concrete guy

Makes sense, you can't really be cutting those to fit, they need to be full tiles.

P

Protilers

hhehehehehee....... the example I showed you ATS is tile and a half.......heeheehheheeee......but it don't really matter......I have to stay geometric.......the rest is....well.......filled in wood!......heheehehheheeee its hurting my eyes!!!! hehheheheheeeee

T

Time's Ran Out

Hehehehehe - sounds like Mutley ( well it does as I read it) - anyway looks lovely mate!

Reply to Protilers - Encaustic tiling in Notting Hill in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen