Search the forum,

Discuss Poor laying of Victorian tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

@Dave79 - you seem he’ll bent on this gap on one side, yet you’ve not shown a distance view of the whole path!
He has been lazy in not cutting to the shape of the wall but if the cut on the other side is the same size I can understand why he has left it short.
My points are - a distance picture from the gate up the path will show just how bad this job is.

Dave79

TF
Reaction score
The other side is set against a new concrete border alongside the path and the other side of the porch wall. That gap is consistently 2mm as defined by the tile spacers.
1FEDFEC5-1B3F-436C-A116-F76B8559087D.jpeg
DBC39F62-D3A4-42EF-BBF7-45E99F869E8F.jpeg

Reaction score
in your last picture Dave is that of the overall panoramic of your pathway,because if it is so wheres the border tile on the right hand side or is it just the picture

Dave79

TF
Reaction score
93534A78-6088-416C-8062-1F165B426D67.jpeg
Hi, there is no border til in the right, it goes up to the boundary wall. The issue is more the 10mm to 20mm gap between the porch wall and the tiles here. If this is fitted as it it should be, that’s great but if you think it could be fitted tighter, I can speak to the tiler

Reaction score
Sorry Dave but the person who's done that job for you must be auditioning for a the role of the joker in the next Batman movie because it's a disgrace what they have done. I've got a 6 yr old nephew who could have set it out better just a very poor attempt at tiling

Reaction score
Personal I have them take it up & start again ,ensure the set it out correctly not some arse hearted attempt & ask them not to let Stevie Wonder near it either

Reply to Poor laying of Victorian tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen