Search the forum,

Discuss BAL Gun Metal Grey Drying Patchy - Anybody else had this? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
No worries,if you're still worried after giving it some time another option is to see if putting a sealer on it will uniform the colour (obviously test in a corner first)

McLovin

TF
Reaction score
As above. Bal gun metal is a light colour. It's dark when wet. It will dry in a few days to a light grey colour.

Reaction score
OK I'm going to say it. You are a professional tiler yet you have never seen grey grout dry out before? You took a photo an hour after grouting and are having a fit because "IT'S DRYING"

Is that the same as when the grout goes slightly darker when it gets wet in a shower and the customer thinks there is something wrong with it?!! :)

aytiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Is that the same as when the grout goes slightly darker when it gets wet in a shower and the customer thinks there is something wrong with it?!! :)
You have to watch using grey grout on shower walls. There is waterproof which shouldn't change colour, then there is water resistant which will.

Reply to BAL Gun Metal Grey Drying Patchy - Anybody else had this? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen