Search the forum,

Discuss Optimax Heavy Duty Expansion Joint in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

paulphur

If laying 10mm porcelain would a 12.5mm floor Optimax Heavy Duty Expansion Joint be the one to get?

L

LM

Well a 10mm would be of no use. It’s making sure you perinatal the expansion trim and then being attentive to the bedding of adhesive that you apply, if done correctly then that trim should be fine. I normally allow about 2mm for adhesive but it depends on the format size of your tile. A 300x300 will sink more into the bed than a 600x600. What size of tile are you fitting and what type and size of notch are all factors to consider.

O

One Day

Well a 10mm would be of no use. It’s making sure you perinatal the expansion trim and then being attentive to the bedding of adhesive that you apply, if done correctly then that trim should be fine. I normally allow about 2mm for adhesive but it depends on the format size of your tile. A 300x300 will sink more into the bed than a 600x600. What size of tile are you fitting and what type and size of notch are all factors to consider.

Please explain "perinatal"???!

Reply to Optimax Heavy Duty Expansion Joint in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I had a small kitchen extension built a couple of years ago. The new sand and cement screed...
Replies
Views
Hi I’ve tiled my bathroom floor on top of hardie cement board. I have left expansion gaps all...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for advice laying these floor tiles. My bathroom is chipboard. I’m going to get...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen