Search the forum,

Discuss Onlinetiler | Videos | A Professional Tilers' View On Tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Mr Hobson, I believe you and I will be on a proper tiling course together on 30/31st October in the genuine heart of Englands tile history.
Look forward to crashing zimmers.

I look forward to meeting a legend, on or off the zimmers, I have met some really good folks on this forum. I hope we don't bore the rest of the guys/gals with our reminiscences. I don't think we will. I hope we may bring a sense of what a trade used to be. A time served tiler is a rare thing today:thumbsup:

S

ScottG13

Saw this pic and couldn't resist posting it

Golden-turd-polish.jpg

O

Onlinetiler

Saw Nick at the Home Improvement show at Earls Court last friday!
He no doubt sends his regards.
Adam - how do you manage to get all the good jobs or is this the state of the industry down south?
Good posts.
Thanks.
Hi John, I'm pretty sure it's just the state of things down here at the moment. Went to look at a job last night where the lady was in tears, her re-furb was only finished two weeks ago but it's so bad she has to have it re-done. There's just such a generally low standard of work around at the moment, and with my in built **** magnet I manage to find most of it :mad2::mad2:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
A tip for those with a dodgy level that's setting a datum line or any other general level/plumb line that's longer than the spirit level being used.

If you use a level that's 2mm out over the length of the level, you can do a 2000 linear meter and be well out, or you can just be 2mm out max!

The difference is, to get it right, you need to turn your level around 180 degrees each time you add another length on your datum.

Not sure it would have sorted Adam's issue out though :lol:

T

Time's Ran Out

the only thing to do with a dodge level is bin it.

The only thing a dodgy level is good for is a straight edge - so knock out the vials and use it as a batten!
First job when starting setting out a room is check the level, if its not reading the same when turned around, its been dropped/damaged so 'bin it' (quote Deano).
Always get your datum/level line drawn around the whole room before you start tiling and make sure it meets up! Don't try and fiddle it across the door - it shows and it means your running out somewhere.

Reply to Onlinetiler | Videos | A Professional Tilers' View On Tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.