Currently reading:
Old times reality check.

Discuss Old times reality check. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jeff the tiler

All week this week I have either been tiling 200 x 100 tiles brick bond, or 300 x 300 floor tiles. it feels like i have gone back 20 years apart from the adhesive when 8 x 4 and 12 x 12 tiles were so popular. Unfortunately no round edge and I can not believe how hard I have had to work to achieve the same "yardage"!!! oops! sorry i mean metres.

I expect the next job will provencale shaped tiles or Quarries to be bedded into a screed!!!

How lucky we are currently but i am sure it will go full circle and "topaz vein" will be the next must have.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
remember these..... Image0245.jpg Image0243.jpg Image0244.jpg got to love them...lol

- - - Updated - - -

remember these..... Image0245.jpg Image0243.jpg Image0244.jpg got to love them...lol

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

40m2 a day??? I used to be fast and rough, but lately i seem to have lost my speed.....@Phil Hobson, (used to be your signature I think Phil ha ha)

That was tongue in cheek doug,:lol: I was never rough. I was fast though, And yes with 6"x6" I did a full bathroom (18yd2) in a day every day on my new build sites, grouted polished. I even got in a half tiled bathroom as well some days. I kid you not, good money back then. Different game all-together.

Anyone who doubts this is a fool, I can bring people on here to confirm this was the norm back then.:thumbsup:

D

Dougs Third Go

That was tongue in cheek doug,:lol: I was never rough. I was fast though, And yes with 6"x6" I did a full bathroom (18yd2) in a day every day on my new build sites, grouted polished. I even got in a half tiled bathroom as well some days. I kid you not, good money back then. Different game all-together.

Anyone who doubts this is a fool, I can bring people on here to confirm this was the norm back then.:thumbsup:
I was only pulling your leg Phil, it must've been a post where you said it:thumbsup:

C

charlie1

i totally believe you Phil not that i could do a 20 m2 bathroom with boxed in area etc. I would imagine he walls would have been prepped though to get that amount of meterage?

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I was only pulling your leg Phil, it must've been a post where you said it:thumbsup:

It was Doug, I also had the saying, "I might be slow, but I'm rough", again tongue in cheek. This trade has changed so much, unfortunatly not for the better. There are people calling themselves tilers, that I would not trust to do my grouting, very sad, but very true.:mad2:

Reply to Old times reality check. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement