Search the forum,

Discuss NVQ Floor and Wall Tiling- 3 years Experience- but I didnt? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

floydyboy

well said lads, you cant buy experience, as for the self leveling you have GOT to use a trowel to help it level, it is beyond me why they named it self leveling compound, i am a plasterer by trade and i use the stuff almost on a daily basis:thumbsup:

Reaction score
well said lads, you cant buy experience, as for the self leveling you have GOT to use a trowel to help it level, it is beyond me why they named it self leveling compound, i am a plasterer by trade and i use the stuff almost on a daily basis:thumbsup:
use a roller alot easier than trowel and beleive you me done 1500 bags on my knees lol

F

floydyboy

i will give it a go but i was only stating that it needs help it wont level on its own:thumbsup:

G

Gary Beveridge

Hi.... Taking an NVQ level 2 through OSAT ( on site assessment and training) will require you to have more than three years experince, because this type of assessment is for experienced workers only. Three or four visits over a period of twelve weeks should be enough time to gather the evidence required to obtain your NVQ. As for college based NVQ this will take a lot longer because you have to learn the trade first....I hope this helps.

C

ChaseTiling

Hi.... Taking an NVQ level 2 through OSAT ( on site assessment and training) will require you to have more than three years experince, because this type of assessment is for experienced workers only. Three or four visits over a period of twelve weeks should be enough time to gather the evidence required to obtain your NVQ. As for college based NVQ this will take a lot longer because you have to learn the trade first....I hope this helps.
Hi all,

Just to comment on the post made by Gary if I may ;)

For NVQ OSAT @ level 2, you need a minimum of 3 years proven experience.

However, if you choose to do your ICA, you can get your NVQ2 in 26 weeks.

This is what we do at our centre, following the guidelines of the CAA

Colleges however, run these courses over 2 years.

Any more questions on this, then please fee free to ask :)

Anthony
Chase Tiling Academy

S

SnipSnap

If your struggling to get the rollers, let us know. We can get hod of them for you ;)

Makes levelling floors a doddle :)

The roller is for getting rid of air trapped in. It will help slightly on spreading the compound. :yes:

First though, you must use a Professional levelling compound spreader (I have used for over 2 years now. See the attached photo.) and you will see great improvements and because you use it standing up, it makes the job quicker and saves your knees. :happy:

You can adjust the height required and because it has several pins it will even up bad areas better than your tile spreader would. I think the width is 80 cm or bigger.

A word of caution when used on u/f heating wires as you could damage the wires with this tool. Also caution when using rollers as you can "spray" the adjasent walls and furniture with levelling compound. Always move it extra slow and parallel to the object/wall/doors...

The best way to deal with leveling compound is to find out how much and where you need it. My approach is::8:

1) to place a cross laser level on a pole, spreading the laser horizontaly from one corner of the room towards the opposite corner at a height of aprox. 1.1m,

2) then get a 1.2 m spirit level and stand it in front of the laser beam.
3) making sure that the spirit level is "Plumb", I make a mark where the laser shows on the spirit level.
4) from then on I can cross reference that mark on the spirit level accross dozens of places to see how good/ bad the floor is.

You can also stick some broken tiles with adhesive or sand and cement (according the height) as reference points so you know how much it needs raising.

Hope this is useful to some of you. :grin:

Tile-Master.co.uk © 2008

HOW DO YOU DO IT? :grin:

Attachments

• Spreader.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to NVQ Floor and Wall Tiling- 3 years Experience- but I didnt? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen